Finding NoDDHO
Extent12 cubic feet
DescriptionIncludes pre-incorporation records 1816-1852 with journal, cash book, ledger and private ledger; certificate of incorporation 1889; directors minutes and agendas 1889-1977; attendance books 1921-1937; registers for directors, share members 1889-1979; records of shareholding 1889-1977 financial records 1889-1974 with annual reports and balance sheets, private ledger, private cash book; records of salaries and income tax 1889-1977; operational records 1892-1978; records of stocktaking and valuation 1934-1975, records relating to property 1924-1978 with schedules of title deeds, debentures, particulars of title deeds for property in Beverley; original series of agreements, licences, patents, certificates: correspondence 1917-1979.
AdminHistoryThe tannery was established in Flemingate, Beverley in 1812 by William Hodgson, and became a Limited Company in 1889 under the name of Richard Hodgson and Sons Ltd. The company was acquired c.1920 by Barrow Hepburn and Gale Ltd, which became the Barrow Hepburn Group Ltd in 1971. Among the subsidiary companies was Bevaloid Ltd, which was established as a separate company in 1956 to manufacture chemicals. By 1977 the companies were owned by Blumforth Ltd, later known as British Tanners Products Ltd. Most departments in Beverley were closed in 1978, but Hodgson Chemicals Ltd was still in business in June 1999.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024